Scuba Ontario Mobile
Page 4 of 4
« First < 234
Main Forum>Fundies!
serge 09:39 PM 01-07-2009
I did it for you Jen.
[Reply]
Chantelle 12:46 AM 01-08-2009
I have a couple of the songs as mp3s... if anyone is interested :-) We have alot more footage to be digitized, but Leigh's been a busy fellow these past few months. I think he's releasing the Daryaw video soon.... :-)
[Reply]
Rob Smith 10:39 AM 01-08-2009
Originally Posted by Chantelle:
I have a couple of the songs as mp3s... if anyone is interested :-) We have alot more footage to be digitized, but Leigh's been a busy fellow these past few months. I think he's releasing the Daryaw video soon.... :-)
Cool pics on the site Chantelle, I would really like to head up one day and dive that quarry, be a long drive but hell looks like a good dive for sure. What else would you recommend for diving if i head up that way?
[Reply]
Chantelle 11:07 AM 01-08-2009
Originally Posted by Rob Smith:
Cool pics on the site Chantelle, I would really like to head up one day and dive that quarry, be a long drive but hell looks like a good dive for sure. What else would you recommend for diving if i head up that way?
Thanks very much, Rob. :-)

The quarry is an excellent training grounds. It's where we dive all winter, and where we do our evening, weeknight skills during the spring/summer/fall. It's on the Quebec side, so "technically" you are supposed to have your FQAS card (Quebec diving card... don't even get me started), and the charge is $10 to dive there (or $80 for a yearly pass).

There are different shelves at different depths... to the left, a shark at 20', to the right, the plane at 25', sub at 60', and a couple of cars around 100' and 120'.

The vis is not that great in the summer months, as it is used quite alot for courses, and there are usually alot of people around on the weekends.

Here's a pic of the vis in May (I think it was May)...

...and on the weekend...

Keeping in mind that I do have a much better camera now, than I did in May, but you get an idea of the milky vis.

Anyway... there really isn't much else to dive up that way. There are very few that dip into the Ottawa River, as there has been a poop load of pollution (pun intended) dumped in there, the vis. sucks, and the currents can be nasty.

If you wanted to come up after the spring thaw, we'd gladly take you for a tour of the quarry, but I would have solid plans to dive in Brockville after that! :-)
[Reply]
Rob Smith 11:55 AM 01-08-2009
Thanks again,

once the spring time hits we will see what happens, I like trying out new areas and seeing new things. As for Brockville, i plan to hit that again for sure, see the Gaskin and Lillie, this time pull off a few other wrecks as well.

Take Care....enjoy the new toy...:-)
[Reply]
Chantelle 12:13 PM 01-08-2009
Originally Posted by Rob Smith:

Take Care....enjoy the new toy...:-)
OO... You're good! :-)
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
« First < 234
Up