Scuba Ontario Mobile
Page 12 of 15
« First < 2101112 1314 > Last »
Equipment Forum>Scooters
Jay Roy 04:37 PM 02-26-2009
Originally Posted by Steve B:
It's going to be trigger time soon!:-) and by the looks of it, they'll be many scooters in the water this year.
Wooohoooo!!
[Reply]
Chantelle 10:42 PM 02-26-2009
Oh Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

*said in best Kool Aid guy voice* :-)
[Reply]
Jen 12:16 PM 02-28-2009
Just picked up mine last week on Tuesday :-). I have to get the sticker off of it, and I just made the cradle and screwed in the blades. I seem to be missing a screw for the one handle, but that is easily fixed. Its not balanced yet, but maybe I can take it to the pool this week.....and see if I can figure that out. Chantelle....maybe in March sometime I can come up and play...or maybe even April.....just looking at my March calendar. If you guys could give it a once over that would be great! I'll be ordering a 26 body for it, and maybe the magnum next year. The 26 should be good for joining you guys on some river trips :-). I don't have my own pics yet...been a little busy, but soon.
[Reply]
Chantelle 02:30 PM 02-28-2009
You got it, girl! :-)
[Reply]
Steve B 02:50 PM 02-28-2009
Originally Posted by Jen:
Just picked up mine last week on Tuesday :-). I have to get the sticker off of it, and I just made the cradle and screwed in the blades. I seem to be missing a screw for the one handle, but that is easily fixed. Its not balanced yet, but maybe I can take it to the pool this week.....and see if I can figure that out. Chantelle....maybe in March sometime I can come up and play...or maybe even April.....just looking at my March calendar. If you guys could give it a once over that would be great! I'll be ordering a 26 body for it, and maybe the magnum next year. The 26 should be good for joining you guys on some river trips :-). I don't have my own pics yet...been a little busy, but soon.
Just a suggestion Jen, I would get the standard 33/35 ah tube, not the 26ah simply because the 26 ah tube is a little shorter and requires the use of only one type of battery due to their lighter weight, the Hawker genesis 26ah batteries which are very costly but do last a long time on the other hand.
The standard tube will take 35 ah Powersonic that burn as long as the 26ah at half the cost. I think George is making the standard tube a few inches longer to accomodate the 35ah batteries. If anyone orders from George, I'd suggest making sure you get the right lenght standard tube as Powersonic no longer makes the 33ah batteries which are a little lighter than the 35ah batteries.

Steve B
[Reply]
Jen 03:18 PM 02-28-2009
Good to know....thanks Steve! I guess I thought that the 33/35 body was for the pvc backend...but if that is the standard length, then that sounds good to me.
[Reply]
JohnG 04:20 PM 02-28-2009
Originally Posted by Steve B:
Just a suggestion Jen, I would get the standard 33/35 ah tube, not the 26ah simply because the 26 ah tube is a little shorter and requires the use of only one type of battery due to their lighter weight, the Hawker genesis 26ah batteries which are very costly but do last a long time on the other hand.
The standard tube will take 35 ah Powersonic that burn as long as the 26ah at half the cost. I think George is making the standard tube a few inches longer to accomodate the 35ah batteries. If anyone orders from George, I'd suggest making sure you get the right lenght standard tube as Powersonic no longer makes the 33ah batteries which are a little lighter than the 35ah batterie

Steve B
Thats exactly what I said too. The standard is the better way to go. You get more burn then a 26 ah body as well. The 26ah has a 90 min. minimum burntime while the standard(35ah) has a 120 min. minimum burntime. Because I have a pvc gavin George told me to buy the euro body which is 1" longer then a standard body. The nice part about it is it is adjustable like the magnum.
[Reply]
Jay Roy 03:55 AM 03-01-2009
Originally Posted by Jen:

So what did you get Jen, an 18?
[Reply]
Jen 11:02 AM 03-01-2009
Yes....Richards (rJack) HDPE 18. Its 4 years old...and in pretty good shape. I was happy when I was able to go ahead and buy it. He sent two chargers, (3 and 4 amp both 24 watt), and two battery packs (both with a burn test of just over an hour). I think the pool might be the first stop for it. :-)
[Reply]
jmya 01:49 PM 03-01-2009
Jen,

That sounds great! Since I'm such a high-roller, I went with the 26 Ah... My batteries came on Friday, and I have everything put together and charged up - looks good and the batteries seem to be in top condition (Hawker-Genesis). I got them from TNR technical in Florida ($150 each with free shipping).

The thing is a little bit too big (and heavy) to balance it in the tub (yes, I tried), so I'll be visiting Jay on the weekend. How is Humber looking Jay?

Cheers,
Jase.
[Reply]
Tags:scooters
Page 12 of 15
« First < 2101112 1314 > Last »
Up