Scuba Ontario Mobile
Page 13 of 15
« First < 3111213 1415 >
Equipment Forum>Scooters
sharon 07:23 PM 03-01-2009
The viz at Humber was about 20 to 30 feet. 35f. Windchill out of the water sucked bad:-)
[Reply]
R Fennema 10:02 PM 03-01-2009
Man I really wish I had a scooter :-)....one day...maybe my dad will give me his when its old and crappy..that'll be the day :-) :-)
[Reply]
JohnG 05:08 PM 03-02-2009
Originally Posted by R Fennema:
Man I really wish I had a scooter :-)....one day...maybe my dad will give me his when its old and crappy..that'll be the day :-) :-)

Thats awesome Rick. When your dad has a second scooter you will have one to dive. So talk to your mom! or if I get a second one before your dad you can use one of mine.

either way you can play around with them this summer.
[Reply]
R Fennema 10:48 PM 03-05-2009
..Really?!?!? My dad never informed me of this, that would be awesome now I have something to really look up to :-)..and haha I doubt my mom would let my dad buy another scooter, it was hard enough for him to get his first one :-) that is unless she got something out of it. But that's my dad's job :-). Yeah so I'm looking forward to playing around with it that'd be pretty cool.
[Reply]
jmya 09:55 AM 03-13-2009
All,

I have a quote from Milwaukee resistor for the burn tester. The assembled two 3 Ohm, 300W resistor and bracket assembly costs $100 if you buy one, but only $50 if you buy two, and $25 if you buy 5... Funny how they will sell two for the price of one!

Anyway, I was curious to see if anyone is interested in these. I will buy two for sure, but there seem to be a lot of scooters out there, so it might make sense to get five (maybe).

Cheers,
Jason.
[Reply]
Jen 02:47 PM 03-13-2009
I'll take one Jason! I'll figure out what to do with it later....:-)

Thanks.

Originally Posted by jmya:
All,

I have a quote from Milwaukee resistor for the burn tester. The assembled two 3 Ohm, 300W resistor and bracket assembly costs $100 if you buy one, but only $50 if you buy two, and $25 if you buy 5... Funny how they will sell two for the price of one!

Anyway, I was curious to see if anyone is interested in these. I will buy two for sure, but there seem to be a lot of scooters out there, so it might make sense to get five (maybe).

Cheers,
Jason.

[Reply]
jmya 11:36 PM 03-13-2009
Jen,

They have some crazy looking stuff on the Milwaukee resistor web site - the sort of stuff you need out outfit your mad-scientist lab with...

Oh yeah, I went for a scooter with Jay on the WE. I've got to say that it's harder than it looks. Second dive was a bit better though....

When I got home, I found water in the motor compartment. George said he would send a new motor, so I've had some fun taking the thing apart. I'll post a pic.

Cheers,
Jase.
[Reply]
jmya 11:46 PM 03-13-2009
Here is the tail in pieces:

and the underside of the motor compartment lid

and the motor

[Reply]
JohnG 09:03 AM 03-14-2009
WOW! 3rd pic. I really dont like the way the motor is secured in the hdpe version of the gavin(silver u bars). seems very sloppy, Is this the same for all the hdpe's?
[Reply]
Jen 11:21 AM 03-14-2009
Thanks Jason. Mine hasn't been in the water with me yet, but has with Richard...the "past" owner, and he had no issues. I will find out next weekend though. I did hook it all up and it sounds good.

When are you putting the order in for the resistors? I think Chantelle is going to see if they want some too.
[Reply]
Tags:scooters
Page 13 of 15
« First < 3111213 1415 >
Up