Scuba Ontario Mobile
Page 2 of 15
< 12 3412 > Last »
Equipment Forum>Scooters
Oren 08:04 PM 01-13-2009
Originally Posted by jmya:
Yes, a famous WKPP scooter relegated to doing weenie dives!
It's called retirement. :-)
[Reply]
Chantelle 11:07 PM 01-13-2009
Puttin' the horse out to pasture.. :-)
[Reply]
Matthew Mandziuk 02:11 AM 01-14-2009
The great thing about scooters is that they can add a new dimension to your diving.

It doesn't matter if you're a newbie diving without a tech cert or the most experienced cave explorer, a scooter is a perfect tool for any dive.

I love the fact that UTD is offering programs like scubatics and bringing scooters into the mainstream tech programs.

I dive a Hollis scooter, simply because it's perfectly neutral and well....Jean can tell you that it destroys his for speed....I believe a 78 min scooter dive in Sherkston his was toast and mine had another :30 of burn time at 75% speed, but we don't wan to pick on poor "Brusso".

Matt
xoxo
[Reply]
Chantelle 07:25 AM 01-14-2009
GUE is about to launch a DPV course as well, which should be interesting. There has been a DPV workshop in Mexico, for multiple stage (Cave 2 divers) and multiple DPV usage in a cave. A friend if mine took it a couple of years ago. It's amazing to see pictures from a cave that has hardly been dived! The decorations were incredible.
[Reply]
jmya 09:35 AM 01-14-2009
Well, I've just got a reply from Marc. He has five for sale, and the price is right! He is away on travel until Feb 1, so I have to wait a week to see the pictures. They have been "tested" and have the WKPP clutch, and are fast (George "rewind").

I'm going to get one, anyone else?
[Reply]
Joe 10:20 AM 01-14-2009
I may be in. I will know by the weekend. Chris W is interested also.

I was interested in a Magnum. I can order a shortbody later.

Did he give you any prices?
[Reply]
jmya 10:46 AM 01-14-2009
Joe,

Nothing final yet, but I think he is looking for $2800 or so. It seems that this will include extras, but I haven't finalized anything yet. So, probably getting close to a grand less than the new price, depending upon how many "extras" it includes. I will know on Feb 1.

Jase.
[Reply]
Joe 10:56 AM 01-14-2009
Originally Posted by jmya:
Joe,

Nothing final yet, but I think he is looking for $2800 or so. It seems that this will include extras, but I haven't finalized anything yet. So, probably getting close to a grand less than the new price, depending upon how many "extras" it includes. I will know on Feb 1.

Jase.

Cool. Marcs origional post on TDS listed 3 Magnums for $2800.00 including Genesis batteries and chargers.
[Reply]
Steve B 10:17 PM 01-14-2009
Originally Posted by Matthew Mandziuk:
The great thing about scooters is that they can add a new dimension to your diving.

It doesn't matter if you're a newbie diving without a tech cert or the most experienced cave explorer, a scooter is a perfect tool for any dive.

I love the fact that UTD is offering programs like scubatics and bringing scooters into the mainstream tech programs.

I dive a Hollis scooter, simply because it's perfectly neutral and well....Jean can tell you that it destroys his for speed....I believe a 78 min scooter dive in Sherkston his was toast and mine had another :30 of burn time at 75% speed, but we don't wan to pick on poor "Brusso".

Matt
xoxo
You are aware that running your scooter till' the battery's die is bad for the battery's and shows a poor mindset in regards to dive planning.
[Reply]
Jen 10:31 PM 01-14-2009
If memory serves me correct...which I am sure it does since I have a good memory....Marc posted a choice of bodies...one scooter...choice of bodies. Nothing more ...and nothing less. re-read if you need to, but one scooter...not a whole like up. I still think he is asking too much for it though. He has not stated what it is...PVC or HDPE.
[Reply]
Tags:scooters
Page 2 of 15
< 12 3412 > Last »
Up