Scuba Ontario Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Dive and Trip Reports>New Years Day Dive at the Welland Scuba Park
Joe 10:13 AM 01-03-2009
Originally Posted by Chantelle:
We had some nasty wind chill ... -27. The quarry was warmer though, at 40. It just really sucked getting out...lol... My drysuit zipper even froze up. :-)

It was a perfect day for dving there was no wind at all. Usually at the boat ramps there is a brisk wind. Earlier in the week the canal had white caps on it...:-)
[Reply]
Rob Smith 12:38 PM 01-03-2009
Originally Posted by serge:
It was about -13 in the morning. Water was 34F. Out of all the people that showed up I think there was only 10 of us that went in.

It was iced over though so in general only overhead certified thought about diving.

There was no wind at all so even though it was cold it wasn't that bad with zero wind chill.
So it appears everything is pretty much iced over, dang running out of places to dive...this really sucks...
[Reply]
serge 01:02 PM 01-03-2009
Rob it just means you have to get overhead trained :-)

With the line work we've done at the scuba park and with overhead training it's a great place to dive all winter long!

Serge.
[Reply]
serge 01:03 PM 01-03-2009
Ya the wind chill is what gets you for sure. Sounds like you were the smart ones in your group. No wind under water :-)

Originally Posted by Chantelle:
We had some nasty wind chill ... -27. The quarry was warmer though, at 40. It just really sucked getting out...lol... My drysuit zipper even froze up. :-)

[Reply]
Rob Smith 01:28 PM 01-03-2009
Rob it just means you have to get overhead trained :-)

With the line work we've done at the scuba park and with overhead training it's a great place to dive all winter long!

Serge.
I plan to, I am taking the Ice Diver course this Jan/Feb. I can't wait I hate seeing my gear sitting here all dry.
[Reply]
Chantelle 04:01 PM 01-03-2009
No wind under water :-)
Lol.. I might have to use that!
[Reply]
Joe 07:24 PM 02-13-2009
I forgot that Snap magazine was there for Newyears day.

Here is Bruso, John and Serge.

Here is the link to the magazine.

http://www.snapstcatharines.com/display/74426/557/
[Reply]
Tags:dive, new years, welland scuba park
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up