Scuba Ontario Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Equipment Forum>Stage Bottle Rigging
serge 10:58 PM 01-05-2009
In general you never want brass clips.

While brass is cheaper it's a softer metal. Over time it will develop sharp edges and cut either your fingers or your dry gloves or both.

Pay the extra and get SS clips for sure.
[Reply]
Rob Smith 11:08 PM 01-05-2009
I think the intial cost of getting everyhting up front (parts) will out way the one I need now. I think I will just go with a halcyon kit for now. Maybe down the road I'll get all the parts to have and make a few just to have around.

Thanks everyone for all the input!

Rob
[Reply]
Jay Roy 11:26 PM 01-05-2009
Originally Posted by Jen:
don't get the Dive-Rite. Its fine as a temp,
They're not even that good :-)

The Salvo kits are ok, but they don't include the MOD stickers......Halcyon is a better choice...
[Reply]
Jen 11:32 PM 01-05-2009
Originally Posted by Jay Roy:
They're not even that good :-)

The Salvo kits are ok, but they don't include the MOD stickers......Halcyon is a better choice...
True about the Salvo kits...I forgot about that....but as for the DR... it was what I had at the time..:-)...I was waiting for the proper MOD stickers to come in to swap out from the Halcyon kit...but I couldn't wait any longer. I have another set of MOD 70 stickers now....and proper rigging.:-) Had to....got tired of the comments for the couple weeks there...lol.
[Reply]
Jean f 10:47 AM 01-06-2009
I like the halcyon stage kits the best just seem to keep the bottle tighter to your body .

I gave away my diverite stage kit to a friend
[Reply]
Chantelle 10:52 AM 01-06-2009
Originally Posted by Jean f:
Hee Hee... was it Jen? :-)
[Reply]
Matthew Mandziuk 01:59 PM 01-06-2009
If I'm teaching a technical course in a remote area or a place that doesn't have a Halcyon dealer (ie Dan's Dive Shop), I typically take a run down the hardware store and incorporate it into the rigging part of the class. It's worked well in a couple of instances.

That being said, you can't beat the ready made kits. Plus you get the nylon sleeve that covers the band and screw.

Halcyon or Salvo kits are super convenient. We sell a ton of them.
[Reply]
Jay Roy 02:38 PM 01-06-2009
Originally Posted by Jean f:

With friends like you, who needs enemies :-)
[Reply]
Jen 05:16 PM 01-06-2009
Originally Posted by Chantelle:
Hee Hee... was it Jen? :-)
Nope....had my own crap. :-) Its off now. Just need to order some MOD 100 stickers.
[Reply]
Jean f 11:09 AM 01-07-2009
Originally Posted by Jay Roy:
With friends like you, who needs enemies :-)
Its ok she is going to right side mount it for trimix
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up