Scuba Ontario Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Meet and Greet>Hello from Haliburton!
Joe 05:50 PM 01-04-2009
Originally Posted by jmya:
Pete,

I'm a Brummie turned Canadian who is currently living in Rochester, New York! I'd be happy to go diving with you (I'm going the GUE route - did fundies last year and I'm planning on cave 1 in the fall).

Cheers,
Jase.
Whats a Brummie?? :-)
[Reply]
sharon 06:09 PM 01-04-2009
Originally Posted by Joe:
Whats a Brummie?? :-)
Definitions of brummie on the Web:

a native or resident of Birmingham, England
wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

I love google search:-)
[Reply]
PeteSmith 06:34 PM 01-04-2009
Originally Posted by jmya:
Pete,

I'm a Brummie turned Canadian who is currently living in Rochester, New York! I'd be happy to go diving with you (I'm going the GUE route - did fundies last year and I'm planning on cave 1 in the fall).

Cheers,
Jase.
Wotcha, mate! I was born in Woolwich, but lived mostly in Cambridge. I'm now living about 2 hours north of Toronto.

We'll have to connect sometime and get some dives in.
[Reply]
PeteSmith 06:35 PM 01-04-2009
Originally Posted by Jen:
It was nice to meet you and Rob today.

Likewise, Jen :-)
[Reply]
JohnG 07:36 PM 01-04-2009
yah nice to meet you guys today!
[Reply]
serge 08:50 PM 01-04-2009
Nice to meet you and pete today.

Did you try on the Dry Suit at all? How did it fit?
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
PeteSmith 08:55 PM 01-04-2009
Originally Posted by serge:
Nice to meet you and pete today.

Did you try on the Dry Suit at all? How did it fit?
Posted via Mobile Device
Nice you to meet you, too, Serge.

The suit fits great! That is apart from the feet! What would you recommend I replace the boots with? Bearing in mind that I wear a size 15 shoe and and have Jet fins.
[Reply]
Rob Smith 09:11 PM 01-04-2009
Pete... I know the Bare Trek boot only goes to a size 13, as the same as the drysuit boot. http://barescubadiving.com/canada/si...ts/default.asp

Give them a call or email and maybe they can make a size for you?
I have read in another forum (don't shoot me) that a lot of guys with a foot your size size get the socks and use a sneaker or light weight hiking boot.
[Reply]
PeteSmith 09:13 PM 01-04-2009
Originally Posted by Rob Smith:
Pete... I know the Bare Trek boot only goes to a size 13, as the same as the drysuit boot. http://barescubadiving.com/canada/si...ts/default.asp

Give them a call or email and maybe they can make a size for you?
I have read in another forum (don't shoot me) that a lot of guys with a foot your size size get the socks and use a sneaker or light weight hiking boot.

Thanks for the info, Rob. And thanks again for doing the drive to Welland. Much appreciated.
[Reply]
serge 09:36 PM 01-04-2009
Well I'm a turbo soul fan now. If you can get turbo souls then I highly recommened it.

The added bonus is you should be able to use the same fins for both wet and dry.

Both my suits now have turbo soul style feet. Very functional.

Serge.

Originally Posted by PeteSmith:
Nice you to meet you, too, Serge.

The suit fits great! That is apart from the feet! What would you recommend I replace the boots with? Bearing in mind that I wear a size 15 shoe and and have Jet fins.

[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up