Scuba Ontario Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Main Forum>Fundies!
Chantelle 10:36 AM 01-06-2009
Glad to hear I could help, Rob. :-) Let me know if you'd like any more info! :-)
[Reply]
Rob Smith 11:20 AM 01-06-2009
I emailed Dan just a few minutes ago. Hopefully I'll get signed up in the next available class. I'll let you all know how I make out.

Rob
[Reply]
JohnG 03:53 PM 01-06-2009
great to hear you signed up Pete! guess we will see you there!
[Reply]
Joe 04:06 PM 01-06-2009
Way to go guys. You will enjoy it.
[Reply]
jmya 04:14 PM 01-06-2009
Good stuff Rob!

I'll second what Chantelle said. I did fundies with my wife after putting it off for a couple of years. Boy do I wish I had done it earlier (at 50 dives say)! Taking it sooner is better - it will give you some focus. My wife went from not caring, to s-drill crazy after we signed up.

It opened my eyes too - I had been practicing valve drills, s-drills, etc ad nauseum, but I hadn't really thought about the "team" aspect of things - which, as it turns out, is far more important (imho) than the details of the drills.

Jase.
[Reply]
Joe 04:20 PM 01-06-2009
Originally Posted by jmya:
Good stuff Rob!

It opened my eyes too - I had been practicing valve drills, s-drills, etc ad nauseum, but I hadn't really thought about the "team" aspect of things - which, as it turns out, is far more important (imho) than the details of the drills.

Jase.
Well said. :-)
[Reply]
jmya 04:25 PM 01-06-2009
While I'm at it, I'll put in a plug for Doug Mudry at EE - as an option if Dan doesn't work out.

I originally did Fundies with Fred Devos in MX, and I came away with a provisional (lack of consistency with back-kick and trim). I did the re-evaluation six-months later at EE with Doug. Marga (my wife) did the tech "upgrade" at the same time (she was originally hesitant to do it in doubles).

It was actually quite "cheap" to do it in High-Springs ($140 flight and $50 a night at the Cadillac). No more expensive than spending the time in Kingston! Another benefit was being handed my card right there (by JJ no less) and having a good chat with Casey.

Jase.
[Reply]
Rob Smith 02:01 PM 01-07-2009
Ok everyone it is official...I have completed my account with GUE and have paid my money and I'll be in class June 25/09 for the fundies.....:-)
[Reply]
Jen 02:12 PM 01-07-2009
That's great!! The second part of mine was in June and I stayed at the KOA. There are other options of course if you want a motel, but I found that it was easy since I met up with Dan for breakfast at Denny's in the mornings on the way to the shop!
[Reply]
PeteSmith 02:14 PM 01-07-2009
Way to go dude!!:-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up