Scuba Ontario Mobile
Page 7 of 15
« First < 567 89 > Last »
Equipment Forum>Scooters
Jay Roy 05:18 PM 01-17-2009
Originally Posted by jmya:
I finally broke down and bought a new one from George. A brand new 26Ah HDPE Gavin is on its way!

I figured that the amount saved buying used is not worth it. George charged me $3200 delivered (without batteries). At least I know where to send it, if I have trouble.

So, I guess now I need to get batteries, put together a burn tester, and get a vacuum pump right?
If you find out where to get a vacuum pump, let me know..I still need one..
[Reply]
serge 05:21 PM 01-17-2009
You can buy them from SS they work for the Gavin's to.
[Reply]
jmya 05:51 PM 01-17-2009
There is one at www.onlinesciencemall.com that looks like it would do the job. Product code APP110 - $31.95.

Originally Posted by Jay Roy:

[Reply]
Joe 06:25 PM 01-17-2009
Gavins I can see but why would you need to vacuum test the SS?? :-)

Originally Posted by serge:
You can buy them from SS they work for the Gavin's to.

[Reply]
Kevin 05:50 PM 01-26-2009
Originally Posted by Jay Roy:
Acklands-Grainger, NAPA/UAP, Snap-on tools, Mac Tools etc.....

They're made by a company called mityvac (http://www.mityvac.com/) (http://www.mityvac.com/pages/products_hvp.asp) and are widely used in the auto industry. Get the plastic model MV6203 unless you are going to use it professionally. The fittings can be made from a barbed fitting mated to an o-ring sealed hydraulic fitting with the appropriate thread (can't remember the thread size off the top of my head). This stuff is very common in industrial hydraulic applications.

If you are stuck for the fitting, email me through my website contact and ill grab some next time I'm at the hydraulics shop getting hoses made.
[Reply]
Steve B 08:19 PM 01-26-2009
Originally Posted by Joe:
Gavins I can see but why would you need to vacuum test the SS?? :-)
Because even if you vacuum test your SS and find a leak, your screwed because you need to send it to Rodney or order special parts. With the Gavin you can just fix it in 5 min. with parts from your local hardware store but having said that, my 3 Gavins have never had any problems and beleive me, they have been used alot. Even if I was offered a SS for free, I'd sell it. Plus, when you travel, no one has SS parts or battery packs for them.
[Reply]
Chantelle 08:26 PM 01-26-2009
Originally Posted by Steve B:
...my 3 Gavins...
*cough* :-)
[Reply]
Steve B 08:29 PM 01-26-2009
At least I know where to send it, if I have trouble.

Give me a call if you have any issues what so ever, I'll be happy to help you out. I know them inside and out :-)
[Reply]
jmya 10:23 AM 01-27-2009
Originally Posted by Steve B:
Give me a call if you have any issues what so ever, I'll be happy to help you out. I know them inside and out :-)
Thanks Steve. I might take you up on that.
[Reply]
Joe 04:41 PM 01-27-2009
I finally broke down and bought a new one from George. A brand new 26Ah HDPE Gavin is on its way!
Get it yet? Let us know when it arrives. I'm curious as to how long delivery will take.
[Reply]
Tags:scooters
Page 7 of 15
« First < 567 89 > Last »
Up