Scuba Ontario Mobile
Page 8 of 15
« First < 678 910 > Last »
Equipment Forum>Scooters
Jean f 04:43 PM 01-27-2009
Originally Posted by Jay Roy:
If you find out where to get a vacuum pump, let me know..I still need one..
Hey i have one in my tool box you can barrow it anytime . As for the fitting you can sorce that localy. I know liftline here in welland carries most of that stuff if could get the thread size i could pic some up since i need one also
[Reply]
Jay Roy 05:07 PM 01-27-2009
Originally Posted by Joe:
Get it yet? Let us know when it arrives. I'm curious as to how long delivery will take.

It took mine less then a week...
I think my payment went thru on a Thurs, and it arrived the following Wed..
It would probably be faster for Jason, as he lives in the States and there is no customs to deal with...
[Reply]
Jen 05:50 PM 01-27-2009
Get it yet? Let us know when it arrives. I'm curious as to how long delivery will take.
What happened to the SS idea you guys were talking about?
[Reply]
Joe 08:03 PM 01-27-2009
Originally Posted by Jen:
What happened to the SS idea you guys were talking about?
Right now I'm toying with two options. Time and of course money are the big factors. Plus every time I think I have the answer new info comes up and it's back to the drawing board.

This thread and the contributors are a big help. I think we need a DPV forum..:-)
[Reply]
Joe 08:04 PM 01-27-2009
What payment option did you use Jay?

Originally Posted by Jay Roy:
It took mine less then a week...
I think my payment went thru on a Thurs, and it arrived the following Wed..
It would probably be faster for Jason, as he lives in the States and there is no customs to deal with...

[Reply]
Chantelle 08:17 PM 01-27-2009
What payment option did you use Jay?
He's handing over his first born... :-)
[Reply]
JohnG 08:39 PM 01-27-2009
Originally Posted by Steve B:
Because even if you vacuum test your SS and find a leak, your screwed because you need to send it to Rodney or order special parts. With the Gavin you can just fix it in 5 min. with parts from your local hardware store but having said that, my 3 Gavins have never had any problems and beleive me, they have been used alot. Even if I was offered a SS for free, I'd sell it. Plus, when you travel, no one has SS parts or battery packs for them.
Hi Steve just wondering what special parts are on an ss that people would have to send it back to Rodney.

And want to clarify for mine and maybe everyones elses. The vacuum tester is to test the shaft seal primarily correct? and or motor compartment including shaft seal. And how often do you test it?
[Reply]
Joe 08:56 PM 01-27-2009
John is your PVC the same as the HDPE? By that I mean the location of the vacuum tester port.

Originally Posted by JohnG:
Hi Steve just wondering what special parts are on an ss that people would have to send it back to Rodney.

And want to clarify for mine and maybe everyones elses. The vacuum tester is to test the shaft seal primarily correct? and or motor compartment including shaft seal. And how often do you test it?

[Reply]
Kevin 08:57 PM 01-27-2009
Depending on the model, shaft seal and the rear cone o-rings (on the HDPE's) The newer Gavins have a 1 piece back end so I dont believe there's an o-ring to be tested there any more, but i havent seen one yet. The vacuum tester looks for leaks from any of these seals as well as any failed welds in the motor compartment section. The tester I recommended in an earlier post also has a pressure fitting so if your machine will not hold vacuum you can pressureize the compartment through the same fitting, throw the back end in a tub of water and look for leaks. The cheaper vacuum testers from canadian tire and auto parts extra are vacuum only and dont have the pressure fitting.

The shaft seal on every gavin is made of 2 pieces of polished ceramic that trap a small film of water between them which is what forms the rotary seal. Dropping or even bumping your scooter on the rear cone can easily damage this ceramic causing a leak. This is true for the Gavins, SS, mako and any other scooter wsing this style of rear hub.
[Reply]
JohnG 09:07 PM 01-27-2009
John is your PVC the same as the HDPE? By that I mean the location of the vacuum tester port.
should be the same location. would have to have a look at a newer one
[Reply]
Tags:scooters
Page 8 of 15
« First < 678 910 > Last »
Up